Are you looking for ways to integrate global themes into your elementary classroom?
Check out these literature anthologies designed by Teacher Candidates in the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa. These collections were put together as part of their course work in Primary (Grades 1-3) and Junior (Grades 4-6) level Elementary Language Arts courses.
Each anthology introduces titles that engage global themes such as the environment, Indigenous peoples’ perspectives, gender equity, and intercultural perspectives. For each title, cross-curricular links are made to the Ontario Curriculum and practical classroom suggestions are offered.
1) Indigenous Women’s Perspectives, By Caitlin Malloch & Bethany Elvidge https://www.smore.com/tnx9e
2) Caring For Our Great Planet, By Ashley Macleod https://www.smore.com/7r164
3) Multiculturalism in Books! By Patrick Catahan & Li Ming Chen https://www.smore.com/apbx3
4) Fearless Females: An Anthology of Global Women, By Debra Shapiro, Romina Donnini & Linley Maher https://www.smore.com/e9bc7
5) Exploring Climate Change, By Elizabeth Kannangara, Craig Stewart & Sophie Olberg https://www.smore.com/jqtzd
6) Diversity in Children’s Literature, By Sebastian Mol, Samuel Boisvert, and Mathieu Charlebois https://www.smore.com/t4dza
7) Graphic Novels with Global Themes, by Barry Leung https://www.smore.com/k81r7